Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All This and Gargantua-2


I don't understand how the world isn't losing its collective shit over the new episode of Venture Bros. that aired on Monday. They're also not losing their kitten-loving minds about the epilogue on the Adult Swim website proclaiming that Season 6 is a real thing that's going to happen.... eventually. SEASON 6!!! Of Venture Bros!!! It's a thing that's going to happen and everyone is so calm and just... going about their lives. How? Is there a support group I'm missing out on or something?

Last night I watched the first new Venture Bros episode since 2013 (has it really been that long?) and it brought so much joy to my heart. I miss this show so much it hurts sometimes. Archer is a good show but it doesn't quite fill the hole that these brothers have left behind. "All This and Gargantua-2" jumped right back into the action with quite possibly every single damn character they've ever had... Okay, that's an exaggeration but not by much. Old feuds were rekindled, Hank was an idiot per usual and Dean looks like he can't wait until he grows into his puppy paws, poor kid. If this special or whatever it is is anything to base the new season from, we will not be disappointed! This hour-long episode stirred up a lot of shit that is begging for resolve!

Oh quick side note: Can I just say that I'm supper glad that Dr.Mrs. The Monarch's Moppets are dead? Those dudes were creepy as hell. Yikes!

So fear not, Team Venture! More calamity and chaos is waiting on the horizon of our future on some undisclosed date! All is not lost... except for maybe the Venture compound and Gargantua-2 and well... spoilers....

GO TEAM VENTURE!

1 comment:

  1. Bugger it looks like it ate my comment: To sum up: Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen the show since season 2 or 3 so some stuff was really different but your review spurred me to figure out where to watch it. In a fit of Bizarro land, I needed to rely on Internet Explorer to watch this hip show as neither install of Chrome or Firefox would load Adult Swim :-)

    Thanks!
    Jay

    ReplyDelete