Saturday, February 18, 2012

Star Wars: Episode 1 in 3D!




Before we get into this I have to say something. I know a lot of people are so very angry with Mr. Lucas for Episodes 1 - 3. They anxiously awaited years and years to be angry about someone else's passion project. This doesn't suit me. Geeks have a tendency to create an image in their heads of how something should be in order to suit their desires and wishes without any regard for the creator's vision or intentions. It is no wonder that George Lucas is off his rocker now and refusing to make any more movies! How cruel! If you look back at any of his movies, they suffer from the same issues that people have with Episodes 1 - 3. No, they don't all have Jar-Jar Binks... If you look at the original trilogy (which I adore) the dialogue in that movie is terrible! Lucas dialogue has been and will probably always be terrible but it doesn't matter! That's not what it's about. It's about the fantastic character development and the technological advancements which Episode 1 has galore. When you're watching Episode 1, keep in mind that this is a movie that is supposed to be geared toward children!

Okay, now I can move on.

I probably haven't seen this movie since it was out in theaters the first time. I was pleasantly surprised that my brain had written in my Jar-Jar Binks than was actually present. That was a relief. It is an enjoyable movie that was made more interesting by the 3d. I was pleasantly surprised that Lucas didn't take the campy route with the addition of the 3d and instead, simply added some depth of field to the picture. I was fully expecting light sabers flying at my face but that was not so! Of course, the final battle and the pod racing scenes were the absolute coolest.

So if you can quit your whining for a couple hours, go and see this movie. If you're disappointed, well I don't really know what to tell you. I'm going to guess that's probably your fault and has nothing to do with the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment