Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Squeeing About Emma Watson






I literally put down the Ravenclaw scarf I am knitting to write about this. I'm not making this stuff up. According to The Telegraph*, Miss Emma Watson has very recently signed on with Guillermo Del Toro on his new "Beauty and the Beast" period piece movie. How freaking exciting! Not a lot is known about this project at this time but with a director like Del Torro, it is sure to be an eye-gasm.

If you are unaware of Del Torro's work, he is the moon-faced little man responsible for such visually stunning movies as "Pan's Labrynthe," "Hellboy," "Hell Boy 2," and "Puss in Boots." Okay, fine they can't all be genius works... Hopefully Del Torro will bring his eye for beautiful sets and costuming to this re-imagination of a classic story.

For Miss Watson's role, while it has not been announced at this time, I am going to venture to guess she will be in the starring role. No much worth in mentioning it if she's only going to be a hand-maiden. I will be eagerly watching IMDB.com for confirmation of my amateur speculations.

While we're waiting ever impatiently for this beauty of a movie to put in our grubby little hands, it is my recommendation that everyone checks out "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," starring Emma Watson next month. This is a movie I will be viewing opening weekend and will probably have a very strong opinion about.



*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9081748/Emma-Watson-to-star-in-Beauty-and-the-Beast.html

No comments:

Post a Comment