Thursday, December 6, 2012

About Decemebr




(I began this post on December 1st. sorry it took a few days to see the light of day. It was a long, terrible weekend.)

Today is December 1st which to me, means a lot of different things. First, it means that no, there really isn't a chance I'll "win" National Novel Writing Month this year. I didn't even come close. I believe I finished with 12,500 words. I know I didn't come anywhere close to reaching my full writing potential. What can I say? I found myself getting really distracted all month. First I went down to LA to visit a bunch of my friends. No writing happened that week. I had a bunch of scarves that needed to be knit. Unfortunately, knitting doesn't count as writing. Thanksgiving? No writing done. And then the last week of November I got entirely engrossed in a quest to bring a Nerdcore show to Emerald City Comic Con next March. It really didn't matter that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I wanted a thing! The thing I learned from this experience is that it pays to know people who know things, if you want something to happen sometimes you are the best person to make it happen, and even if it doesn't go exactly as you want, good things can still result! While there will not be a nerdcore show at ECCC next year, they had already started planning a nerd rock show. So yay!

With the holidays fully on top of us and potentially rubbing its butt in our face, I would like to do something special here to celebrate. For the remainder of the month I will be posting nerd culture-inspired recipes to bring a little bit of joy to your family gatherings. So starting this afternoon, I will be posting fun recipes and I hope you will all try at least one.


Happy Holidays from Mega Nerd Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment