Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 3: Writing Tasks

Make a list of your petty angers.

1. I'm angry that a friend said she was coming to visit last year and the date came and went and she didn't visit and she didn't mention it again.
2. I'm angry that the music I liked in high school is on classic rock stations now.
3. I'm angry my grandma asked if my cousin was dating a Mexican at my grandpa's funeral.
4. I'm angry that the last time I saw Sharon was at my grandpa's funeral.
5. I'm angry that my aunt doesn't want me to buy books I love for her kids.
6. I'm angry that I'm seen as being very square now.
7. I'm angry that other people can make me feel less worthy of happiness than I should.
8. I'm angry that I feel the need to constantly justify myself.
9. I'm angry that I can't feel proud of some of my talents.
10. I'm angry that compliments are more embarrassing than anything else.
11. I'm angry that I feel the need to self-depricate rather than acknowledge my talents.
12. I'm angry that my step-mother-in-law continued to ask how my job hunt is going after I told her several times I wasn't looking.
13. I'm angry that I can't talk politics with my parents because they're more conservative than I thought.
14. I'm angry that the majority of the country is backing a psychopath.
15. I'm angry that election years bring out the absolute worst in people.
16. I'm angry that even though we got the gym membership renewed, I haven't been able to go for two weeks.
17. I'm angry that I haven't been to yoga since early December.
18. I'm angry that good things can keep me awake at night with anxiety.
19. I'm angry that Disneyland keeps raising their prices.
20. I'm angry that we probably won't be able to buy a house this year.


Mapping Your Interests
Five topics that interest me are:
1. baking
2. astronomy
3. women of early aviation
4. knitting
5. wedding rituals

Five people who interest me are:
1. Walt Disney
2. Carl Jung
3. Judy Blume
4. Anthony Burgess
5. Tina Fey

Five art forms that interest me are:
1.short stories
2. novels
3. pies
4. cupcakes
5. frosting

Five projects I could try out are:
1. finishing my sci-fi story
2. practice frosting
3. mini cakes
4. pie crust
5. water colors

No comments:

Post a Comment