Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Summer of Epic Movies!

If you are a movie nerd like I am, you have come to terms with the fact that your local movie theater is going to be eating a large portion of your income this summer. If you're like me, you're very excited about this. I read somewhere that there are something like 32 scifi movies coming out this summer. That is ridiculous! This also means that a lot of us are going to have to be choosey about what we actually pay money to see.

Here's what I'm excited about:

The Avengers - (duh) I'm going to wear my Thor mask and I know that my tech office is going to be SUPER TIRED on the morning of May 4th. But we'll have seen this movie and that's what matters.

Dark Shadows - I love Johnny Depp and I love Tim Burton. Despite this love, if I had to sacrifice one movie and wait until it came out on Bluray, it would probably be this one.

The Dictator - This is a boyfriend movie. This is to make up for all the weekends were I'll be dragging him to see superheroes and stuff.

Men in Black III - How could this not be awesome?

Snow White and the Huntsman - I am a little deterred because that stupid girl from Twilight is in it but I can't help myself when it comes to fairy tale movies...

Rock of Ages - This is one I have promised to go see without my boyfriend.  I can't say I blame him. I might have a little bit of shame.

Brave - Disney Pixar redhead! Dude!

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Again, how could this not be cool?

the Amazing Spider-Man - Do I think they were too quick in rebooting? Absolutely. Will I go see this movie just in case? Probably...

Ted - This is also a boyfriend pleaser. You have to admit, this looks really funny...

The Dark Knight Rising - This trilogy is SO GOOD. I can't wait. I can't.

the Bourne Legacy - I need to get caught up on these movies first...



Oh geez... This is going to be an awesome summer!

2 comments:

  1. To comment on the Bourne Legacy, I agree, it looks awesome, but aside from what may be a few reference, I doubt there will be significant reason to catch up on the other three. I'm most excited for the fact that the star is the guy who plays Nighthawk in Avengers

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only a few of those I don't care about. This tells me two things:

    1) We need to hang out and talk nerd more often and

    2) We should organize group outings to see these things as they come out.

    ReplyDelete