Saturday, January 16, 2016

Week 7 Check In

1. How many days this week did you do your morning pages? Have you allowed yourself to daydream a few creative risks? Are you coddling your artist child with childhood loves?
I didn't necessarily do my morning pages every day but I did write every day and I think that's the point, right? I've definitely taken some risks this week. I'm feeling proud of myself.

2. Did you do your artist date this week? Did you use it to take any risks? What did you do? How did it feel?
I went on a rather long walk through old town. I visited the book store, I went ot Blue Ox for the the first time and discovered I totally love that store. I bought two pairs of socks. I'm wearing one of the pairs today. They're pretty great.

3. Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it?
Davie Bowie and Alan Rickman died this week. Bowie died two days after his newest album was released. This made me think. If he can create such amazing art literally on his death bed, what the fuck is my excuse? So I've stopped allowing myself excuses.

4. Were there any other issues this week you consider significant for your recovery?
I wrote a children's book this week. I spent an hour every morning working and I finished it yesterday. Today it is going through the first rounds of edits. I'm feeling very pleased. Now I need to continue this sort of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment