Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hot Nerd Friday: Joss Whedon


 Joss Whedon is a sexy beast. Okay, maybe he is a little funny looking physically but have you SEEN his BRAIN? I mean, DUDE his brain is dead sexy. This man is brilliant, kind, compassionate, funny, has no qualms killing his characters and continues to write strong role models for little girls. That makes him sexy. I had the opportunity to meet him once and while I would have handled it differently now, I feel honored to have the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for what he has done for the Sci-Fi community.

It brings me endless joy that a man who has, in the past, only enjoyed the praise of a cult following, to now enjoy huge commercial success. It is as if every nerd who has ever enjoyed anything Mr. Whedon created joined hands and yelled, "It is done!" and then forked over all of their moneys to make Whedon projects go.

 I am thankful every day that this man is in Hollywood making things and I hope he never stops.


(Next month is NaNoWriMo and hopefully I 'll be able to get myself back on schedule. I'm going to make it this year. I drunkenly signed a pact with a fellow writer. There's no backing out of those.)

No comments:

Post a Comment