Friday, October 5, 2012

Hot Nerd Friday: Rufus Wainwright


Okay, I realize that Mr. Wainwright is not my typical choice for Hot Nerd Friday. No, he doesn't do comic books, super hero movies or sing about "Star Wars," but this man is a music nerd. He has an impeccable sense of rhythm, he's a very talented song-writer and performer and he is WAY INTO what he does.

Okay, honestly the biggest reason why I picked him today is because I saw him in concert last night and he was a-mazing. It wasn't Rufus and a huge orchestra, back-up singers and him singing over a recording. It was just Rufus, a piano and a guitar (that he wasn't very good at tuning). If he messed something up, you heard it. Even with about 800 people in the audience, the show still felt intimate and personal. He has a good sense of humor an a wealth of talent. Gosh darn it, he's cute! And oh my goodness! The sparkly suit with the sequin scarf!

Rufus Wainwright is a music nerd and I love him.

I made you a playlist of some of my favorites. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuKSJjt2V1g9c4wQ8fz4ppVpCTK4z_bab&feature=edit_ok





I may or may not have tried to stalk him at his hotel last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment