Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 6 Writing Prompts

1. The reason I can't really believe in a supportive God is... (list 5 reasons).
- That would require a belief in god. Full stop.
- Good things come to those who work hard.
- I believe I am responsible for all things in my life.
- It is nerve-wracking to think I'm not in control of my own destiny.
- It just seems too convenient of an excuse for those who are active writers to dismiss their success.

2. If I had either faith or money I would try... (list 5 desires).
- Self publishing.
- Writing a food themed travel guide.
- Spend a year in Europe.
-  Write a series of children's books.
- Write a cookbook.

3. List five imaginary lives.
- I am a cook book writer. I start as food blogger and from my blog am offered a book deal. My food is in thousands of homes.
- I am a jazz vocalist with a small following. I tour the US and people will gladly put me up on their couches and in their guest rooms.
- I am a baker and I get to bake love into my cookies every day.
- I am a wedding planner who helps brides keep calm and collected and have the best wedding day possible.
- I am a traveling poet. I take my typewriter on the road and earn a living with my words.

4. If you were twenty and had money... List five adventures.
- I'd backpack my way across Europe staying in hostels and couch surfing.
- I'd spend five years living in different cities for six months to a year each.
- I'd work with some sort of performance art troop.
- I'd live alone and dedicate my time to writing a book.
- I'd become a party planner and become the biggest version of myself.

5. If you were sixty-five and had money... List 5 postponed pleasures.
I'd live in a cabin in the woods.
I'd travel Europe and do lots of fancy things.
I'd become a museum docent at the Smithsonian.
I'd become a gentle yoga instructor.
I'd open my own library.

6. Ten ways I am mean to myself are...
I second-guess my decisions.
I tell myself I'm not especially good at anything.
I don't let myself try for fear of failure.
I assume if I do well, it is because someone better just forgot to show.
I talk myself out of wanting things.

7. Ten items I would like to own that I don't are...
1. To own our own home


2. For our home to have a big front porch.

3. And this kitchen.

4. This bathtub.

5. This library.

6. And a room these colors.

7. I'd like this watch which shows the planetary alignment.

8.

9.

10.


8. Honestly, my favorite creative block is...
Overreading! I've read 75 books this year.

9. My payoff for staying blocked is...
I've read 75 books sounds a whole lot more impressive than I started writing a little.

10. The person I blame for being blocked is...
Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment