Friday, October 30, 2015

Week 2 Writing Prompts, Part 2

- Read back over the affirmations from week one. Have they caused any sort of reaction?

I am continuously kicking myself in my own ass. I have ten weeks left of "The Artist's Way," and I have been resisting so damn hard. My affirmations say that even if I don't write all the time, I'm still a writer. That is a really easy phrase for my brain to manipulate. What it does not seem to understand is that I at least need to be a writer sometimes!
 
- Return to your list of imaginary lives from last week. Add five more lives. 

- I am a ballet dancer. I am graceful, balanced, and disciplined. I definitely don't move like one of the hippos in Fantasia. I am one of the ostriches.
- I am a baker. I don't make fancy decorated cakes, but I make really delicious breads, pies, pastries, and cupcakes. I am often told my food tastes like home.
- I am the mother of a little girl. We play dress-up and make believe. We bake cookies and draw pictures for daddy. We have a little garden where we are trying to grow pumpkins.
- I am a singer. I have a little folk band and we tour little fairs and harvest festivals.
- I am a high school health teacher. I give the kids the actual information about their bodies they deserve and encourage them to inform themselves.

-  Ten Tiny Changes: List ten changes you'd like to make for yourself, from the significant to the small. Do it like this: "I would like to _____."As the morning pages nudge us increasingly into the present, where we pay attention to our current lives, a small shift like a newly painted bathroom can yield a luxuriously large sense of self-care.

- I'd like to learn to make pie dough.
- I'd like to make my own raviolis.
- I'd like to buy a new car.
- I'd like to own a house.
- I'd like to see the world with my husband.
- I'd like to bake more.
- I'd like to figure out what I want to be when I "grow up."
- I'd like to have a room with a chartreuse ceiling.
- I'd like to have the patience to garden.
- I'd like to do a handstand in yoga. (Just once.)

- Select one small item and make it a goal this week. 

I will bake this week.

- Now actually do it. 

Last night I baked a loaf of pumpkin challah bread. The last time I baked was two months ago. The last time I made bread was at least a year ago. This was a new recipe I had never tried before. It took a few hours but I was patient with it and it turned out lovely! I will probably use that recipe again. I think it could be easy to make one day every week or two "bread night."

No comments:

Post a Comment