Monday, March 26, 2012

21 Jump Street


I didn't want to see this movie. I thought it looked dumb as hell. Color me surprised when Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an 85%! With the recommendation of The Internets, my exhaustion from spending all of Saturday on my feet cooking St. Patrick's Day dinner and the fact that there really wasn't anything interesting out that weekend, I went to see this movie last Sunday.

That all being said, I really enjoyed this movie. It had good character development and was genuinely funny. Early in the film, the movie acknowledges that yes, there have been a lot of movies being made recently based off 80s culture, yes it is getting old and yes, it is because the people who are really in charge just aren't very creative. By recognizing that what they're doing is feeding into the beating of the dead horse that is the 1980s, it allows the audience to move past this idea and just enjoy the movie for the odd buddy comedy it is.

This is a super fun movie but it is not one that absolutely needs to be seen in theaters. This could very well be a good movie to turn into a drinking game at home on a Friday night. Highly enjoyable. I absolutely recommend.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw a preview for this for the first time I was immediately hooked. Because of Channing Tatum, that is, not for newly-skinny what's-his-face. This movie had my humor written all over it. During the drug scene, I have LITERALLY never laughed as hard. I freaking loved this movie. Minus the dick on the ground... :/

    ReplyDelete