Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fables: Homelands

I am a huge fan of the Fables comic series. I am disappointed by every tv show and movie based on a fairy tale that doesn't take some of its influence. The stories in these comics are so good! I read the majority of the series several years ago but they were borrowed from a dear friend. I have been slowly buying the graphic novels and re-reading them. I've also been taking the opportunity to lend the books out to those who I think will enjoy these stories as much as I do.

In this issue Jack branches out into his own storyline which then became its own series. We also come to realize that Guipetto is the creepiest mamba jamba out there. You know, when you read the story as a kid, it is so whimsical that a man can carve a son out of wood and through his love, brought him to life. Love is not the only strong emotion out there. Think about what could happen if a person like that has... other motives.

I fully recommend the Fables series. It is a time investment but it is like eating dark chocolate with fresh raspberries. Absolutely delightful.

1 comment:

  1. I love this series. I've only read the first four or five, and only own the first two or three, but it was enough to make me fall in love with the concept

    ReplyDelete