Monday, March 26, 2012

The Aquabats! Super Show!


I have been a fan of The Aquabats, the ska band, since I was in junior high. I have all of their albums and they have been in heavy rotation since I first was introduced to them by a friend. When The Commander created "Yo Gabba Gabba," I watched. Unfortunately, I didn't know anyone with really little kids at the time so I couldn't create little ska babies. I was incredibly thrilled to learn a month or so ago that there was going to be a new show on Saturday mornings featuring the whole band, I was thrilled! I am fortunate in that my honey is a ska fan as well so I was not the only one running around the house like a crazy person.

If you're looking for big budget, descent acting and high end special effects, go elsewhere. Your kind is not welcome here. If you have ever said the phrase, "H.R. Puffinstuff is fricken' rad!" then you will not be disappointed. This is a show that is literally on tv on Saturday morning and is in the 1970s Saturday morning programming style. The monsters are made out of household items and rubber masks, the goals of the adventures are set low (waffles!) and The Aquabats are left to do what they do best. Totally rock out, dude!

Check it out. I doubt this show has long for this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment