Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 3 Check In

- How many days this week did you do morning pages? How do they make you feel? What do you find yourself getting from them?

I didn't write over the weekend, but I I have done morning pages every day this week. I find myself looking forward to doing them. It has become part of my day. It has become the way I process the day before. My hand doesn't cramp up uncontrollably anymore! I find myself getting a sense of calm from the pages. I like the lack of formality. I like that they aren't for anyone but me. I like knowing that I probably won't read them again and neither will anyone else. I can vent, I can think about recipes, I can plan for the holidays, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that the pages are full and I can move on with my day. 





- Did you go on an artist's date this week? What did you do?
 



I did go on an artist's date this week but it was somewhat of an accident. I had made plans to have coffee with a former co-worker. He had sent me a message on Facebook saying he had had a wildly inappropriate dream about me and would I like to meet him for coffee sometime? Who can turn down an offer like that? *eye roll* So I don't have a lot going on and I am always morbidly curious about these sorts of things so I basically yelled, "I'M MARRIED," at him and then said sure. I'd be fun to catch up and really just see what this is all about. I texted a friend and asked, "Oh a scale from 1 to Charles Manson, how unstable is this person?" My friend ranked him at a 5. That's well within reason. Fives are handleable. So it is my opinion that whoever asks for the hangout should be the one to pick the place and time. I tell him what day will work for me and he gives me the place and time. Awesome! I can walk there and it is a pretty high-traffic area just in case. I have no idea what to expect. I show up five minutes early at our destination coffee and chocolate shop and order a peppermint hot cocoa because peppermint is better than pumpkin spice in every conceivable way. I take my delicious drink and find a table where I can sit with my back to the wall and see the front counter and I wait. At ten after, I realize that he probably isn't coming. This is fine. I have a delicious drink, I can people watch, I have a book, the sun is shining. This is now a date with myself. At twenty after, I finished my drink and he still didn't show so I left. I took a slow walk through old town and enjoyed the cool, crisp air.

- Were there other issues this week that you consider significant for your recovery?

I decided not to do any of the exercises this week and try to just write on my own. I was semi-successful. This week marks the start of National Novel Writing Month and I am glad to already have more than 5000 words under my belt. Yes, I know this is below average but I am fine with that. I'm not going to break my neck trying to get word count. This is about the process for me right now. I want to make myself comfortable with writing again, I don't need to burn myself out in the process. I have also just realized that I will still be doing The Artist's Way the week of Christmas and I have accepted that I will not be writing while we are out of town. It just isn't worth the headache and we'll have too much other stuff going on. I'll jump back to it when we return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment