Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 4 Check In

How many days this week did you do your morning pages? How was the experience? If you skipped a day, why?
I wrote all seven days! Which is the first time I've done that! Husband being out of town means my Sunday is my own so yay! All seven days! I am enjoying the morning pages more. It has become a thing I do every day and I like that.

Did you do your artist date this week? What did you do? How did it feel?
I did have an artist date. It was my whole day yesterday. I went to Arcata for the farmer's market. I love looking around at all the seasonal veggies. We're kind of out of fruit season except for persimmons, apples, and pears so now it's mostly veggies and meat. Hot peppers seam to be in season right now. For some reason, I find it odd that hot peppers become ripe when it is colder outside. For some reason, I assumed they would ripen in the summer. That's really dumb logic but so it goes. After I did my grocery shopping, I did a little holiday shopping. Plaza Design is one of my favorite stores to just look around in. They have some fantastic little knick knacks but I hardly ever buy anything. Yesterday I bought things. I bought two really beautiful lotus flower candle holders for Marsha, a magnetic egg timer for me that seems to work really well, and some reusable bags to put the holiday food gifts in. Actual physical baskets are expensive and I know most people of a certain age just have a room that has been entirely taken over by baskets. I'd rather get them something actually useful, like a reusable shopping bag! After my adventures in Plaza Design, I hit the other adorable little shops around the Plaza.

I really enjoy the playful nature of looking in chatchki shops you have no intention of buying things in. I love imagining the life I would lead that would include this little table or that cocktail shaker.

Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it?
I had an actual idea for a short story this week. I'm going to start working on it tomorrow. That feels pretty good.

Were there any other issues this week that you consider significant for your recover? 
I feel like this week was positive. I wrote more than I had to. Any time I can willingly do more than the bare minimum of what will make me happy with myself, it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment