Thursday, November 19, 2015

Week 5 Writing Prompts

1. Environment: Describe your ideal environment. One paragraph. What's your favorite season? Why? 
It is unclear if they are talking about writing environment or just environment in general. I prefer cooler climates. The Pacific Northwest is my very favorite region. Any coastal town between Humboldt County and Northern Washington is where I like to be. I like having the option to wear layers and I don't even mind when my nose and ears get cold. I like the cool, clean, moist air and the ability to see two natural wonders at once. (Namely the ocean and the redwood forest.) My ideal home would be in a somewhat wooded area and have just a ridiculous number of windows overlooking trees and (hopefully) ocean. My writing room would be small and cozy with warm gray walls and a bright pop of color on the ceiling. My writing desk would be pushed against a large window so I could observe my surroundings while I wrote. My writing room would have at least one wall of floor to ceiling book cases and several comfortable chairs. I would also have several floor lamps and tea tables. Honestly, this just sounds like a room I would only ever leave to sleep, cook, or acquire more tea. It sounds like a dream. This also sounds like what my loft would look like if I were to live alone. My home would have a large, well-lit kitchen with an island in the center for prep and for eating at. I would more than likely spend all of my time either in the kitchen or in my writing room. I would like my home to have a backyard. Doesn't need to be anything too huge. I just want a little space where I can have a garden and maybe a couple chickens.

My favorite season is autumn. I love feeling the weather start to cool off and watching the leaves change. Autumn also has a lot of my favorite foods. Squashes and spiced things and the emergence of peppermint everything. I like being able to wear sweaters and cuddle under blankets. I like anticipating the changes in the weather. The rains are just starting to come and people aren't sick of the rain yet. It's a wonderful time when everything seems clean and crisp. The sweat and the grit from the summer is washed away and it feels like a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment