Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 12: Writing Tasks

1. Write down any resistance, angers, and fears you have about going on from here.
- I'm afraid that I'm not going to keep with my habits.
- I'm afraid that I'll find more reasons to not write.
- I'm angry that there is an infinite number of reasons to not write.
- I'm afraid that trying to do the entire "The Complete Artist's Way" in one go is going to wreck me.
- I'm afraid I can't deal with this intense of a program for the next six months.

2. Take a look at your current areas of procrastination. What are the payoffs in your waiting? Locate the hidden fears. Make a list.
- Reading is always the biggest procrastination. I get wrapped up in making sure I finish the books people have lent me or the books for book club and I neglect my writing time.
- There will always be chores to do instead of writing.
- The scrapbook is done now so I don't have that as an excuse anymore.

3. Look back on week one, Core Negative Believes. Laugh. Write some affirmations about your continued creativity as you end the course.
- I can succeed.
- I can finish a project.
- I will get something published.
- If one project isn't what the public wants, I will make another.
- I will not spend my entire life obsessing about one project.
- Being a writer means keeping your mind limber.

4. Give attention to household chores that may have been forgotten. Mend any mending. Repot plants.
I have planned a dinner party, we're borrowing a steam cleaner for our carpets, I'm working through it...

5. What would you most like to create? Open-minded, what oddball paths would you dare to try? What appearances are you willing to shed to pursue your dream?
I really enjoyed the children's book I wrote and I would love to write more of those. If I could bounce back and forth between short stories and children's books, I think that would make me happy. I don't need to write a novel.

I need to stop pretending art is hard and maybe I should learn to draw a little? Probably not.

6. List five people you can talk to about your dreams and with whom you feel supported to dream and then plan.
- Chris
- Kelsey
- Xach
- Angela
- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment