Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 9: Check In

1. How many days this week did you do morning pages?
I didn't write on Saturday because I forgot I had a bunch of stuff to do.

2. Did you do your artist date this week? Have you kept the emphasis on fun? What did you do? How did you feel?
The husband, the house guest, and I made a trip up to Brookings, OR yesterday. We saw the forest, the ocean, a nearly extinct owl, and a giant sink-hole. It was fun and relaxing even though I had a killer headache for a couple hours.

3. Did you experience any synchronicity this week? What was it?
Not particularly.

4. Were there any other issues this week that you consider significant for your recovery?
I realized this week that a lot of my fear and blockage stems from a former employer I had. She wrote a fictionalized memoir and it was a really good book but she couldn't sell it to save her life. I worked for her for four plus years and the entire time, she was entirely focused on getting the book traditionally published. I haven't worked for her for probably six years and as far as I know, she's still chasing that dragon. I am afraid to turn into her. I don't want to get so wrapped up in something that I've created that I lose all touch with reality and destroy my finances and relationships trying to get something published that no one is interested in. Realizing where this block came from and why I'm just as afraid of success as I am of failure has opened me up this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment