Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 2: Writing Tasks

1. When I was a small child, I dreamed of growing up to be a ballerina.
2. In my childhood, my interest in what art was encouraged? Singing and writing
3. In my childhood, my interest in what art was discouraged? Any sort of dance
4. If I had had more encouragement, I would have probably tried ballet earlier
5. The teacher who helped me see my gifts was Mrs. Boyd in second grade.
6. The childhood friend who helped me see my gifts was Rachel who also wrote.
7. If I had another life, the art form I would have started exploring early is dance.
8. The reason it is too for me in this lifetime is that I did ballet for four years and every time I got a new teacher, they thought it was my first class.
9. One action I can take in the direction of my childhood love is find some other way I can move my body like yoga.
10. I now commit to this dream by promising to attend more yoga classes and maybe Zumba.

It must be said that while I have always had a great enthusiasm for dance, I have never had a single ounce of talent at it.

1. If I let myself admit it, I think I have a secret gift for longer stories.
2. If I weren't afraid, I'd tell myself to try novel writing.
3. As my own best friend, I would really cheer if I saw myself try some sort of dance class.
4. The compliment I received that seems to good to be true is that I am an excellent storyteller.
5. If I acted on that compliment, I would let myself try stand up.
6. The best person to to cheer me on in my secret identity is my husband.
7. The person I should carefully not tell my dream is... I'm not sure.
8. The tiniest realistic step I could take in my dreamed direction is to finish a short story.
9. The hugest step I could take in my dreamed-of direction would be auditioning for a storytelling event.
10. The step I am able to take that feels about right to me is to not stress about my writing but keep plugging away at it.

1. I wish I were more financially stable.
2. I wish I didn't have to worry about food allergies so much.
3. I wish that taking an opportunity didn't make me feel like a child.
4. I wish my pants fit better.
5. I wish I could mail all my friends a cookie.
6. I wish humans would be less terrible to each other on a national level.
8. I wish I were still in a choral group.
9. I wish I could still hula hoop like a champ.
10. I wish I could make my tiny amount of money last longer.
11. I wish I could stay home and experiment with baking all day.
12. I wish my house would stay clean longer.
13. I wish Chris were more willing to exercise with me.
14. I wish my ebay items would sell.
15. I wish I had more marketable skills.
16. I wish I could see how the illustrations for my book are turning out.
17. I wish I were actually as confident as I act.
18. I wish I wasn't at the mercy of other people's whims.
19. I wish that coconut oil weren't the latest and greatest trend.
20. I wish I didn't have to think about food so much.

1. If it weren't so foolish, I'd love to try theater acting again.
2. If it weren't so expensive, I'd love ot own a writing shack.
3. If I were 21 again, I'd let myself study something more practical... Although I graduated at 21 so it really wouldn't matter at that point.
4. IF I could take the next five years off, all expensies paid, I'd study astronomy, languages, ballet, and theater.
5. If it weren't so nuts, I'd love ot try baton twirling again.
6. If I gave in to my secret dream, I would let myself spend half of my days baking and the other half writing.
7. If I'd had ideal parents and a perfec childhood, I'd be the same. My childhood was just fine.
8. The dream I have never told anyone is that I hope the children's author thing will actually take off.
9. The artist I admire and think I am a lot like is Angela Hunt. I push myself to be as determined as she is.
10. The artist I secretly look down on because I have more talent is that woman who writes the Twilight books.

No comments:

Post a Comment