Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Are the Media: James Hance

This is James Hance.





James Hance is a nerd. From what I can tell, a big ol' nerd. He's also artist. I ADORE his work and if I had the funds, it would cover my walls. All of his art is inspired by nerd culture and is usually a mash up of two nerdy things. Amazingly, not only do these mash-ups coexist happily, but they create a new level love and appreciation for the nerdery referenced. Art speaks louder than words so here are some examples.

I'm seriously considering getting this one to put behind my desk at work.




The above is art adapted from his short graphic novel, "Wookie the Chew," which is a story about Chewbacca and his friends in the classic style of the Winnie the Pooh stories. I own a copy of this book and while it isn't perfect, it is still an absolutely delightful story.



I encourage you all to visit his website, jameshance.com and see more of his work. If you're trying not to buy from corporate stores this holiday season, he is an artist whose good tiding are much deserved. So support a fellow nerd and decorate your home with something relectlessly cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment